La-Z-Boy built its reputation as a company that manufactures durable, heavy-duty models. Although sleeper sofas are not as comfortable as regular sofas, La-Z-Boy takes pride in its innovative craftsmanship and materials courtesy of which it creates cushiony and supportive sleeper couches.
La-Z-Boy has a lot of products, though. If you’re like most people, reviewing sofas makes your head spin. At first glance, all the La-Z-Boy models are the same, except for small design particularities and colors.
That’s why you need professional advice. I’ve consulted with top furniture experts, physical therapists, and ergonomics experts. I’ve tried most of the couches below in showrooms or at my friends’ houses.
The article below will help you differentiate between the best Lazy Boy sleeper sofas so that you can choose the #1 model for your needs. Read along!
About the Company
The story of La-Z-Boy goes back to 1927 when two cousins got into the furniture business. Their unique insight into the consumers’ minds was creating the ideal chair for relaxation, aka “nature’s way of relaxing.” This chair was the first patented recliner, an innovative and comfy product.
During the years, LaZBoy created numerous other furniture items, all designed with the principles of innovation, user-friendliness, and quality. You can look at sleeper sectionals, sleeper loveseats, air beds, inflatable mattresses, combination recliner sleeper sofas (check out alternative brands), and of course, LaZBoy’s comfy models.
La-Z-Boy’s sofa beds are some of the best products on the market because the company is committed to manufacturing top products, all backed by limited lifetime warranties.
La-Z-Boy reaches the market all around the world, from the US to Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia.
SUMMARY: La-Z-Boy has almost a century of history in manufacturing quality furniture. The company patented its first wood recliner in 1927, after which it began expanding. Their models are innovative, user-friendly, and durable, so they’re backed by limited lifetime warranties.
11 Best LaZy Boy Sleeper Sofa Brands (List for 2021)
You’ll notice that La-Z-Boy’s sofa beds below share similar characteristics, such as the standard Supreme Comfort Mattress and the Standard Comfort Core memory foam seat cushions. The standard options are comfy enough for a few nights of sleeping or a few hours of sitting.
La-Z-Boy offers some upgrade options standard, such as:
- The air mattress. Read some air mattress or sofa reviews before you upgrade because these mattresses are cushiony and comfy, but not best for people who have chronic backaches and who need firmer surfaces.
- The memory foam mattress. Memory foam molds in response to your body heat, so it’s flexible and contouring. The result is the perfect weight distribution, so the mattress absorbs all your body weight instead of having it push on your spine or limbs.
- The Comfort Core Gel cushions. These cushions are great for people with chronic backaches and those who sit for prolonged hours. The reason is that they’re infused with gel, which is cooler and contributes to better pressure distribution.
1. La-Z-Boy Rv Camper
I have a friend who is traveling in his RV with his family about seven months per year. After his last couch got ruined, we looked for a durable replacement where he, his wife, and their two small kids could sleep at night.
The winner was La-Z-Boy RV Camper because it’s easy to get into the RV and stylish. You don’t need any clearance from the wall, and it’s comfy to sleep in.
The La-Z-Boy Camper:
- It has a wall-hugging design so you can place it next to the wall.
- It’s easy to get it into your Rv. You don’t need to know how to disassemble a couch because the whole process is very intuitive.
- It is easy to retract so you can use it as a sitting area during the daytime.
- The sleeping surface is large, with an area of 66×49” and 84” total depth, so you can share it with someone else.
- It’s made with good materials and has a 5-inch thickness, meaning you can sleep on it very comfortably.
Summary: The La-Z-Boy RV Camper is a good choice for people who want a wall-hugging, stylish sofa that can double as an RV couch for more people.
2. Leah Premier Supreme
I sleep on a La-Z-Boy Leah Supreme sofa bed each time I visit my parents for Thanksgiving. It’s one of the most comfy mattresses I’ve slept on, with no back pain or strains in the morning.
My parents have a small guestroom, but this model doesn’t take up all the space. It looks elegant, and it’s very supportive, even when you’re not sleeping.
- It’s elegant thanks to its curving rolled arms, plush accent pillows, and welt trim.
- It’s compact when retracted so it can fit small spaces.
- It has a Supreme Comfort™ mattress built with quilted innersprings. These springs are bouncy and 5.5” thick, so they’re very supportive. If you want a cushiony sleep experience, you can upgrade to the air mattress, while the memory foam mattress is ergonomic and better for people who sleep on the sofa every night.
- You benefit from the top back support during the day because the two-seat cushions boast the rest of the customization features available ComfortCore® memory foam, which contours your bum perfectly.
- It’s durable thanks to its quality fabrics and leather materials. Backed by the famous La-Z-Boy Lifetime Warranty!!
Summary: The La Z Boy Leah Premier Supreme Queen Sleep is the perfect choice for people who want a compact, but very supportive and stylish sofa for a smaller room.
3. Kennedy Full Sleep
The Lazy Boy Full Sleep is a formal-looking green couch with mahogany-coated wooden legs. There are three different mattress options and two different cushions, plus 120 options for the upholstery.
- It has a modern style that looks stylish in every home, especially if your room has classic décor.
- It boasts ComfortCore® cushions, which are very supportive so they can prevent muscle soreness and pain when you sit or sleep for prolonged periods.
- It saves space because you can place it near a wall and because it has narrow-track armrests.
- It’s comfy to sleep on thanks to the Comfort™ mattress with quilted innersprings. This mattress provides the right blend of cushioning and bounce, contouring your body and allowing you to enjoy a full night’s sleep.
Summary: The Kennedy is best for people looking for a modern and versatile couch. This sofa is comfy, supportive, and can fit tight places.
4. Leighton Premier
The La-Z-Boy Leighton Premier Sofa is an elegant model and, if you have enough space in your living room or bedroom, you can add the loveseat, chair, and ottoman to your collection.
The Leighton is very comfy and plush, with plenty of customizations available. You can opt for different upholsteries, leg styles, cushions, and finish options.
- It’s a stylish, classic sofa with rolled armrests and turned wood legs. These features turn the Leighton into a tribute to elegance.
- It boasts deep-box border seats, which are wide and accommodating.
- The sofa is comfy to sit on for prolonged periods because it’s supportive and ergonomic. You won’t sink into it too much to compromise your posture, but you won’t have to sit on a firm, hard surface, and thus allows you to put it to good use.
- The seat cushions feature the company’s trademarked ComfortCore® technology, so they’re flexible and supportive. If you have backaches or have to sit on the sofa for hours, you can upgrade to the gel cushions.
Summary: The Leighton Premier is a very comfy and stylish sofa for people who need a wide, accommodating couch.
5. Dolce Premier
The Dolce is a discontinued product, but you can still find it on sale at a reduced price on trustworthy websites, including Amazon or eBay.
The La-Z-Boy caught people’s eyes with its electric, urban style that features tapered wood legs, welted trim, and slightly round arms that flare.
- The Dolce has a 37.5 x 82” sitting area, with a 37.5” height, so it’s a compact, yet accommodating couch.
- The seating is firm, but you won’t complain about it being too hard on your thighs. The Dolce is well-suited for prolonged seating and sleeping thanks to its ComfortCore memory foam cushions. Upgrade to the gel option if you want a cushiony sitting experience.
- The upholstery is soft, yet durable. I have a friend with a Dolce, and her cats are always scratching the couch without ruining it.
Summary: The Dolce is a compact couch good suited for people who need a firm seating experience.
6. Amy Queen Sleeper
The Amy Queen Sleep Sofa is roomy and accommodating with its three seats and thick cushions. Amy’s classic design is completed by the famous Lazy-Boy welt trim and tapered wood legs.
If the Queen size feels too small for you, you can also check out the full-size option. Amy features hundreds of combinations for its color and materials.
- Comfy for overnight visits. Amy features the standard Supreme filling, but you can upgrade to the Slumberair mattress system or the memory foam if you have guests that stay longer.
- Comfy for prolonged seating. The seat cushions feature the Standard ComfortCore memory foam. If you have backaches or pain, upgrade to the cushions. These are more flexible and contour your body better.
- It’s easy to retract and to pull in, so you won’t get backaches if you do this every morning.
Summary: The Amy Queen is a small, beautiful sofa with plenty of customization options. Some people complain about the firm mattress, but you can always upgrade it to an air one. According to the Lazy Boy sleeper sofa reviews, it’s like floating.
The Dixie Queen is another sofa that packs a punch, with its mix of classic and modern style touches. It is roomy and offers a luxurious sleep, especially if you’re sleeping alone.
My sister has a Dixie Queen for when the family comes to visit. Our 90-year-old grandfather was the first to try it, and he’s claimed it for himself since. He likes it because:
- It offers firm support when you’re sitting on the ComfortCore seat cushions. This firmness is great for people like him, with arthritis and regular back pain, as well as people who want to correct their posture.
- The bed is very comfortable, even with the regular spring coil mattress. You won’t wake up with aches and pains, and the mattress doesn’t sag or squeak.
- The Dixie is well-made and resistant. The material is sturdy and can resist tears. You can always get the iClean option if you want a lower-maintenance option or the Pet-Friendly upholstery.
Summary: The Dixie is a firm, ergonomic couch for people who have to sit down for hours. The Dixie is versatile and stylish; you can place it in a loft or office, but remember it’s not the most compact sofa.
The Bexley looks similar to the famous Ethan Allen sleeper sofa with air mattress, although it doesn’t have rounded armrests, and its seat cushions are rounder.
The Bexley is supportive of prolonged sitting, especially if you choose the ComfortCore Gel seat cushions. The mattress might be a little too firm, though.
Even this brand states on its official website that the Bexley is top for “overnight guests or late-night binge-watching,” not regular sleeping.
Summary: The Bexley is a chic, ergonomic couch for overnight guests or if you fall asleep in front of the TV. Its urban style is easy to customize, and the sofa will last for a long time.
This La-Z-Boy Sleep Sofa has a timeless design, with rolled arms, decorative wood legs, and various patterns. If you like watching TV or reading with your legs up, get the matching ottoman for a complete set.
The Mackenzie has a 5.5-inch spring mattress that’s comfy and supportive for a quick nap or an overnight stay. The Comfort Core seat cushions are firm, yet contouring for long hours sitting.
Summary: The Mackenzie Sleeper is great for prolonged sitting, especially if you have hip pain or sciatica and want to contour, round pillow to open your hips. Otherwise, this sofa is not recommended for overweight people because the seat cushions sag quickly, and also not for petite users.
It has the same features as the Kennedy Full Size. The only difference is that it’s smaller. And, although it’s a Queen type, I think it’s smaller than that, more like a Single.
The Kennedy Queen looks stylish with its dark-green upholstery and mahogany-coated legs. The mattress is supportive, while the seat cushions are firm and ergonomic for prolonged hours.
Summary: The Kennedy Queen is great for those who want a modern-looking, supportive couch for a small guest room or office. Although it’s not the best couch for a full night of sleep, it’s a good choice for napping.
It is a good choice if you want a wider sofa for your guest room. This couch is stylish and versatile, offering plenty of room to sit on.
The Supreme Comfort mattress is 5.5” thick, so most people will find it’s comfy for regular sleeping. The shape-retention cushions mold to your contours, optimizing pressure distribution and ensuring you’re supported in all positions. It is a great piece that fits well in any room
Summary: The Amanda Queen is a big, roomy sofa that’s very comfy for sitting and sleeping for prolonged hours. While most users agree that the sofa is comfy and durable, some complaint about the seat cushions not being stuffed properly.
How Long Should a Lazy Boy Recliner Last?
If you read the reviews about the La-Z-Boy’s sofa beds, you’ll find that most last for at least a few years. The first to go are the cushions, especially if you sit on the La-Z-Boy’s sofas for hours during the day and sleep there every night.
Some people complain that the pillows sag and scuff after a couple of years and that LaZBoy quality used to be better.
If, however, your couch doesn’t last that long, the limited lifetime warranty gets you replacement parts, frame, and springs.
SUMMARY: It is limited lifetime warranty covers the frame and parts, but you won’t get a replacement mattress or cushions. According to most users, it should technically last at least 5-10 years.
Where to Buy / Return Policy
Now that you’ve read my reviews, I’m sure you want to know where to buy them.
The best choice is the La-z-Boy website because you’ll be sure to receive a new, undamaged product with the best packaging and delivery. Buying directly from the provider is best if you need the return policy, replacement guarantees, and warranty.
You can also buy La-z-Boy products on Amazon or Wayfair. Although you might see some discounts here, you have to ensure the warranties and returns are valid. eBay is a good place to get a used LazBoy sleeper if new ones cost too much. It also has interior design professionals who can help you make the correct picks for your sofa bed. They also give you the option to upgrade your standard cushions to ComfortCore GEL Seat Cushions for a charge.
Now let’s talk about the return policy. It has one of the worst return policies on the market. It’s even worse than no return policy at all because:
- You can only return or ask for a replacement during the first three days.
- You may pay a 30% restocking fee.
- You’ll have to pay extra for picking up the product and delivering the replacement.
SUMMARY: You can get their models from the official website, Amazon, Wayfair, or other trustworthy furniture retailers. Remember that LaZBoy has just a three-day return policy and that you may need to pay extra for returning your product.
Are Sleeper Sofas Worth It?
Sleeper sofas are a type of contemporary sofa that has had the sides cut away so it resembles a pillow. They also tend to recline a little more, which can be useful if you’re traveling with your partner, as it’s more likely they’ll be able to sleep on them. Sleepers have long been a favorite choice of celebrities and style icons. The trend has also risen in popularity on the market. One concern when buying a sleeper sofa is that it may not live up to the hopes of fans of the trend. However, today we shall evaluate the pros and cons of sleeper sofas, and recommend whether they are worth the investment.
Think about the pieces of furniture in your home that you often fall asleep on. Chances are, they’re a sleeper sofa. If you’re like me and haven’t bought one yet, your best bet is to start small. The Graham from Pottery Barn isn’t exactly a tiny sofa, at 34 inches wide and 67 inches long, but it is a very nice piece of furniture. It has a velvety fabric, carved armrests, and perforated fabric seating. It’s a smart investment for any bedroom. Advertisement. The Murphy Lift bed sleeper sofa from R-R is less expensive than the Graham Sleeper, but it’s much cheaper than its cousin, the Murphy Lift, at $150. It’s a bit narrow, but it’s even cheaper if you want it to match the Murphy Lift mattress. Finally, the Murphy Larmint is the lowest-priced sleeper sofa we’ve seen, and it’s definitely worth considering if you’ve got money to burn. It’s a bit cheaper than the Larmint above, too.
Can You Sleep in a Lazy Boy Recliner?
Ask any seasoned parent or friend of a parent and they’ll tell you that there’s nothing quite like the comfy, slightly drug-induced, hot mess that is one’s first few days back home from the hospital. For moms, the sleepless nights following childbirth and/or recovery mean the best dreams are stolen from your pillowcase and thrown into the future. It’s always a gamble of whether or not you’re going to be refreshed enough to get the important stuff done, like, say, rolling into bed at a decent hour. But even if you’ve mastered the art of the pillow fort, it might be time to think about investing in a new sidekick—sounds a bit like a lazy Sunday?
All joking aside, though, recliners are making a major comeback, thanks to handy new updates like an easy-access footrest and heated, cozy cushions. If you’re a mom who wants to make your parental life a little easier, you may want to consider the potential impact of a lazy day. Studies show that a baby born by cesarean section may be at risk for obesity and will go on to struggle with their digestion, risk for heart disease, and chronic diseases in their lifetime. If you’re the type of person who likes a good list, consider these 21 keys.
La-z-Boy Leah Arm Sleeper Sofa
I had seen this couch online and thought it was pretty cool. The price was lower than I expected, so I decided to buy one. I ordered it and received it a few weeks later. The couch is extremely comfortable, and the seat is very comfortable and also the back cushion. I like this couch, and now I have one more piece of furniture for my living room, and it’s new! I’m thinking of buying another one soon!
Lazy Boy Sleeper Sofa Mattress Replacement
This piece of furniture doesn’t look cheap and looks pretty sturdy. It’s a good quality product. However, I’ve had it for four years and have noticed a few flaws with this product. For one thing, the entire living room is built into this couch and there are many areas of the floor that are exposed. It’s not that bad when the place is clean and unoccupied but, my mother-in-law is a little bit messy and she has never been much of a housekeeper.
Her favorite pastime is cleaning and cleaning her apartments until she’s overcome with frustration and defeat. My husband, the poor soul, has to clean the place every week because I can’t stand to look at the floor. I just can’t stand to think of the dirty fingerprints, cigarette ash, and dog hair that is strewn across the floor in every single corner of the living room.
La-Z-Boy has almost a century of tradition in retailing furniture, with a unique selling proposition that emphasizes relaxation. The result is that La-Z-Boy focuses on user experience and innovation to manufacture cozy furniture.
La-Z-Boy sleepers are some of the comfiest sofas on the market (see some top brands here), but what’s the top-rated sleeper sofa from their offer?
That depends on your needs. I choose the RV Camper, which is the best for regular sleeping alone or with other people. I’ve tried it, and I’ve never had a complaint so far. This sofa is compact, stylish, and low-maintenance.
But other sofas are equally good. They all use the Comfort Core seat cushions and Standard Coil mattress. The only significant difference regards their armrests style, height, and shape.
That said, some sofas like Leah Supreme sofa bed or the Kennedy are best for smaller rooms, while the Leighton is a wider couch.
If you want a sofa to crash after watching TV, Bexley is a stylish choice that young people especially will love. If you need a sofa for regular sleeping, look at the Amanda Queen or Leah Supreme Comfort™ sofa bed.
The Dolce and the Amy are the best two options if your primary purpose is to get a couch for prolonged sitting and an occasional nap, for instance, at your office.
Don’t hesitate. La-z-Boy has something for everyone. Which sofa bed will you choose? Click on your favorite model now; you won’t regret it.