Did you know that a budget sofa lasts only about a year? Ikea Knislinge is inexpensive but will last you at least 10 years.
I recommend this model to my PT clients with a limited budget. My colleagues from orthopedics and massage therapy helped me understand why it works and which couch serves as a good alternative. Now, you have access to this research.
Firstly, this sofa takes the pressure off your back, so it allows you to unwind, watch TV, read, or nap. Secondly, the Knislinge can correct your posture and comes in three classic colors that complement your room. However, if you want plush support, you can read more about the alternative solution below.
So, if you have a limited budget and want a comfortable couch for your dorm room or apartment, choose the Ikea Knislinge.
About The IKEA Knislinge
The IKEA Knislinge is an affordable, comfortable sofa that offers you good back and neck support. This 3-seat couch reminds you of your childhood couch because it’s so big and contouring.
The bonus is you get a 10-year limited warranty to ascertain its quality. However, some reviewers say the Ikea sofa won’t last that long. Read along to find out why.
SUMMARY: It is comfortable for hours. You can use it for napping, reading, or watching TV. Get this sofa if you want an affordable, cozy couch that will last you for years.
Features & Benefits
I recommend this model to my clients with a limited budget who have back, and neck pain, poor posture, or will sit down for hours. If you too face these issues, it will be a good choice for you too because it has:
- A high back. The backrest will allow you to lean back and get good neck and shoulder support. If you pressure points or painful areas in your upper body, the backrest will take the pressure off them.
- An ergonomic design. The slightly reclined backrest and tilted seat meet at an acute angle. Thanks to this design, your spine and hips will be aligned correctly, so you can maintain the right posture. Sitting on this sofa for longer can actually correct your posture in the long run.
- Memory foam seats. The seat cushions are firm rather than cushiony, so you won’t sink into them or bounce. This firm support allows you to keep your hips open at a correct angle, which alleviates your lower back or sciatica pain. However, these cushions won’t keep their shape for years, especially if you’re a couch potato.
- Waterfall edge. The soft rounded edge improves your blood circulation and feels comfortable on your thighs. The reason is the edge doesn’t dig into your hamstrings like that of other couches.
- Microfiber or polyester cover. The sofa cover is made with mostly polyester and polyurethane. The Ikea black leather sofa is as smooth as faux leather and also easy for you to clean quickly. The downsides are it tends to crack with time, and you can’t remove it for machine washing. However, the Knislinge sofa brown and grey have fabric-like upholstery that’s more prone to stains.
- Tilted, well-padded armrests. These armrests offer you plush support for your arms when you’re sitting upright. That way, you can minimize neck and shoulder pain. Besides, they’re also inclined so you can nap comfortably on them.
- Three color options. Both the black, brown, and grey models have a classic look that complements your living room décor. However, according to some Knislinge Sofa Samsta Dark Gray reviews, the grey sofa will become slightly dull after some years of use.
SUMMARY: It is a supportive, comfortable couch for long hours. Get this model if you want a low-maintenance, cozy couch for napping or watching TV. However, keep in mind it’s not the best model for extended wear and tear.
The three Knislinge Sofa models have different specifications in terms of materials and size. You already know the Black model has faux-leather-like upholstery, while the Brown and Grey have microfiber upholsteries. These materials require different care, but they also have different dimensions:
|Width||80 3/4”||80 3/4”||80 3/4”|
|Depth||35”||37 3/8”||37 3/8”|
|Height under furniture||3 1/8”||2”||2”|
|Armrest height||21 5/8”||7 1/8”||7 1/8”|
|Seat depth||21 5/8”||21 5/8”||21 5/8”|
|Seat height||17 3/4”||17 3/8”||17 3/8”|
Get the Ikea black sofa bed if:
- You want a shiny, easy-to-wipe clean sofa because it’s made with PU
- You’re taller or prefer to sit with your legs on the floor because it’s higher
- You want more room to use the vacuum under it because it has a higher distance from the floor
- It accommodates more people because it’s wider
Get the Ikea Brown or Grey models if:
- You want a soft, breathable sofa because they’re made with microfiber
- You want a better sofa for napping or for sitting with your legs crossed because they’re deeper and not that high
- You and your family aren’t in the big and heavy category because these models are narrower
PRO TIP: If you want the best of both worlds, consider the Ikea microfiber sectional because it’s roomy for more people, as well as better for napping. Otherwise, consider this useful Reddit hack.
SUMMARY: Get this Ikea model that’s best for your needs. The black Knislinge is lower-maintenance and best for sitting, while the Grey and brown models are better if you want to nap frequently.
Reliability and Warranty
Ikea Knislinge comes with a 10-year limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
You can trust you’ll get a reliable warranty because Ikea itself is a trustworthy company.
You can claim the warranty if something isn’t right with your frame and cushions, but not the couch covers.
Ikea will either repair or replace your couch, supporting all the necessary costs.
Remember, this warranty isn’t valid if you’ve installed or used the couch incorrectly. Intentional damages aren’t covered either.
SUMMARY: The 10-year limited warranty ensures you’ll get a couch that will last you for years. However, the upholstery isn’t covered by this warranty and many reviewers agree it’s not that durable.
Benefits of Best Ikea Couch Knislinge
We already talked a bit about the benefits of this couch for your posture and painful parts. You also saw that each model has a particular set of advantages. Let’s summarize these benefits so you’ll know what to expect:
The Knislinge Couch:
- Is affordable
- Is comfortable for hours
- Corrects your posture because it has an ergonomic design
- Takes the pressure off your back and hamstrings
- Improves your blood circulation
- Offers you good shoulder and neck support to decrease shoulder pain
- Allows you to nap comfortably, especially if you choose the Black or Grey models
- Is easy to clean, especially if you choose the Black model
- Has a classic design and colors that allow you to easily pair it with any Ikea ottoman or chaise to complete your living room set
SUMMARY: This couch is an affordable couch that provides you with the comfort you need to stay seated for hours. Get this model if you want a supportive, durable sofa to alleviate your pain and correct your posture.
Shipping depends on the location of your nearest store because Ikea Knislinge allows only in-store purchases.
Check on Ikea’s website to see if your local store has this model available. If yes, you should order online, and you can get it at the store on the same day.
If you want someone to deliver your couch to you, you still have to go to the store. Ikea offers:
- Next-day delivery
- Rates starting at $89 depending on your zip code
- White-glove delivery directly to the room where you want your couch
SUMMARY: Get this model if you want quick, safe delivery into your home. If you don’t want to pay the delivery fee, you can get the sofa directly from the Ikea store. The downside is you can’t purchase this sofa online.
User Reviews, What Customers are Saying?
Most people agree you’ll get a comfortable, sturdy, and easy-to-clean couch.
However, some people dislike the firm seat support, especially for napping. If you, too, prefer cushiony sofas, that might be a problem for you. Luckily, you have plenty of time to test it at your Ikea store.
Some people also complain the couch is not deep enough for napping. However, if you’re not a big person and don’t move a lot during sleep, you will find the Knislinge is roomy enough.
People also agree that Knislinge is best for your man-cave or she-shed. This couch isn’t for 24/7 use, though you should definitely put it on your Ikea first apartment list.
SUMMARY: Most reviewers agree that this model is a comfortable, durable sofa that offers you firm support. Get this model if you need an affordable couch for your apartment or R&R room.
Where Can I Buy?
It is only available for purchase in offline stores. You can’t purchase it online, though you can order online and get it from the store.
Another option is to check eBay for offers.
SUMMARY: Get the Knislinge from your local Ikea store. It’s not as convenient as purchasing it online, but you get the chance to test it.
Questions & Answers
You know a lot about this model by now, but you might still have some questions left. Let’s see if we can answer them:
Is the Knislinge Sofa Durable?
Yes, most confirmed reviewers say they’ve had it for years before losing comfort. If you’re using it for Netflix binging every day, the covers and cushions might go faster. However, you can easily refill the pillows and purchase affordable covers from Amazon.
Is the Knislinge Sofa Comfortable?
The Knislinge sofa is comfortable because it allows you to maintain a natural, anatomically correct position. As the Knislinge’s firm support corrects your posture and alleviates pain, you’ll be able to relax and feel comfortable for hours.
Can I Wash the Covers in the Machine?
No, Ikea Knislinge doesn’t have removable covers. If that is important for you, consider an Ikea Karlstad sectional for sale at a similar price.
Is the Knislinge Sofa Easy to Install?
It has a medium-difficulty installation level. You need two people for the job, and it will take about an hour.
SUMMARY: Get the Knislinge Sofa because it’s a value-for-money piece of furniture. It will last you for years, it will help you correct your posture, and it’s relatively easy to install.
KNISLINGE Idhult Black Sofa vs Signature Design by Ashley
Signature Design by Ashley and Knislinge Idhult Black Sofa have similar characteristics. They’re both made from faux leather, and they both offer a tilted design that takes the pressure off your back.
Signature Design by Ashley is best if:
- You prefer cushiony couches because its seat cushions are plush and allow you to sink in.
- You need more back and neck support because the backrest boasts two support pillows.
- You prefer a wider couch that can seat more people.
- You want a couch that you can order online.
- You need a couch that comes fully assembled.
Knislinge Black Sofa is best if:
- You prefer firm support that corrects your posture in time.
- You need a narrower couch for three people that can fit in a smaller room.
- You want to nap frequently. Signature Design by Ashley has spaces between the seat cushions, which might dig into your back when you lay down.
- You want to save every penny.
SUMMARY: Get Knislinge Sofa if you want a more affordable couch with firm support, good for napping and smaller rooms. Get Signature Design by Ashley if you want a ready-assembled, wide, and plush couch for family time.
Final Words. Best Alternative Model
Get the Knislinge couch, especially if you have back pain because the high back and firm seat cushions align your hips and your spine. That means you’ll be able to keep a correct posture for hours.
Besides, the sofa cover is made with soft polyester that feels smooth on your skin, whether you’re napping or just sitting.
If you don’t have that much space in your home, you might consider a smaller model, such as the Loveseat or the 2-Seat Sofa. Conversely, if your living room is bigger, there’s always the Sectional.
If you prefer plush comfort and want a wider couch, Signature Design by Ashley is also a good choice.
Don’t lose the chance of getting an affordable, comfortable couch that will last you for years! Click below to get it now.