I remember the first time I bought an air sofa bed. I was in college, and there was a problem with my mattress. Of course, I didn’t know how to choose the best model. I simply went to the nearest Target and bought the 90s or something like that.
After a few nights on this bed, I was all sore, I couldn’t focus at my classes, and I was always cranky.
Later, when I moved to my own apartment, I knew how to pick. I completed my PT courses, and I knew how to assess the ergonomic features of my furniture.
Don’t make the same mistake as I did and read the article below. Even if you’re just going to a concert or on a short hike, a poor night of rest will make you cranky and less fun than your normal self.
You don’t have to spend more than $50 to get a quality mattress. Don’t believe me? Read along.
- 1. Intex Pull-out Sofa Inflatable Bed – #1 Overall & Best For Daily Use
- 2. Chillbo Shwaggins
- 3. WEKAPO
- 4. Intex 2-In-1 Pull-Out Sofa
- 5. AlphaBeing Inflatable Lounger
- 6. Bestway Wingback Queen
- 7. Ludtom
- 8. Intex Inflatable Corner Sofa
- 9. Prodigen Inflatable Lounger Chair
- 10. Bestway Multi-Max-II Inflatable With Air Pump
- 11. Bestway Deluxe
11 Best Inflatable Couch & Sofa Beds
I’ve tried and tested most of the models below, and I’ve helped many of my PT clients choose ergonomic inflatable sofa beds for their needs.
They helped me with their sofa reviews and feedback, so this article is basically a joint effort from all of us.
Read on to find the model that best suits your needs.
1. Intex Pull-out Sofa Inflatable Bed – #1 Overall & Best For Daily Use
The Intex Pull-Out Sofa Inflatable Bed is my #1 overall and best for daily use because it’s comfortable, supportive, and easy to inflate and deflate.
This bed is one of the most versatile you can find. One reviewer says they use it for camping, as a sofa during the day and as a fold-out bed for the children during the night.
His wife has also used this mattress as a temporary bed during a move and was satisfied with the comfort.
Bonus: another reviewer calls this mattress the “Throne of Poseidon” and posts pictures of him and his family riding the waves in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Quick setup. The two valves are easy to reach without straining for fast inflation and deflation. Unfortunately, there’s no pump included, and you might need to reinflate it every few days to keep it firm occasionally.
- Comfortable. The Intex Pull-Out Sofa Inflatable Bed is a supportive mattress that doesn’t dig into your neck or back when you’re sitting and lying down. The Vinyl armrests and backrest are plump and take the pressure off your back and neck.
- Large. The Queen-size 76 x 87 x 26 in dimensions accommodate two adults and three to four children. This 2-in-1 model folds compactly for storage.
- Versatile. You can use the Intex Pull-Out as a sofa and as a bed, not to mention as a floating bed when you’re at the seaside. Keep in mind that this is an inflatable bed and it won’t last for years of constant use.
Summary: The Intex Pull-Out Sofa Inflatable Bed is a large and comfy sofa bed, with a supportive style that allows everyday use.
2. Chillbo Shwaggins – Good for Outdoor
The Chillbo Shwaggins is what my family and I use every time we go on an overnight camping trip because it’s wind-resistant, compact, and light, plus we can all fit on it.
Although just one person can sleep on it during the night and it stays inflated for just about five hours, it’s a quality outdoor couch for people who don’t want a full night’s sleep.
- Outdoor-made. The Chillbo Shwaggins is a good addition to your hiking trip, beach gear, or concert. It comes with elastic anchor loops and a wind stake for when it’s windy, and you don’t need a pump to inflate it. The mattress weighs three pounds but can hold up to 440 pounds.
- Funky design. You can choose between twelve patterns, each with its unique colors. The large side pockets are wide and can fit your snacks, beer, or books.
- Unique setup. This outdoor couch inflates without a pump, but the setup isn’t as easy as advertised. You can use it as a hammock, chair, sleeping bag, or couch.
- Patented reversible design. The Chillbo Shwaggins is easy to use as a couch for three people. If you turn it around, you can use it as a one-person lounge.
- Portable. This model is 13 x 7 x 3.5 inches when folded, and comes with a carrying bag with shoulder strap. You can also fit it into your backpack for added portability.
Summary: The Chillbo Shwaggins is a good outdoor couch because it has wind stakes, it’s extremely versatile and has accommodating pockets.
3. WEKAPO Inflatable Lounger – For Camping (Portable)
The Wekapo, which looks similar to the Lamzac by Fatboy, is the best inflatable couch for camping because it’s the most portative.
This mattress is waterproof, compact, and lightweight, with its own bag. The pillow-shaped headrest allows you to rest comfortably for the whole night, and then resume your hiking the next day.
My husband and I used a couple of these sofas when we hiked in Ocala National Forest in Florida. We slept like babies and were able to meet our goals.
- No-pump inflation. The Wekapo doesn’t require a pump to set it up. However, some reviewers have complained that this setup isn’t as easy as the regular pump one.
- Supportive. The pillow-shaped headrest is a patented, innovative style for optimal back and neck assistance, which improves the original Lamzac by Fatboy’s famous original style. That way, you can relax, unwind sore muscles after hiking. It is made up of really light material that is simple to carry outdoors in camps, music festivals, beaches, and whatnot.
- Anti-deflation technology. This technology is another patented feature that guarantees the air lounge stays firm for a minimum of six hours. That way, you can get a full night’s sleep before your next hike.
- Valuable extras. The mattress comes with a convenient bag, a stake for extra security during windy days, and a bottle opener for your cold beer.
Summary: This model is a portative, convenient mattress that stays inflated for the whole night. It’s compact, light, and fits perfectly in your camping backpack.
4. Intex Inflatable 2-In-1 Pull-Out Sofa – For Studio Apartment
The Intex Inflatable 2-in1 Pull-Out Sofa is the best for a studio apartment because it has a versatile, supportive design. This mattress is large when unfolded, it prevents back pain, and is comfy for two adults.
You can easily take it out every time you have a party or overnight guests.
- Versatile. It can be used in two ways: as a sofa and as a bed. The supportive style allows you to read, binge-watch Netflix, or sleep on it.
- Comfortable and supportive. This mattress has a flocked top; it’s plump and soft. Its ergonomic features promote good posture and take the pressure off your back and neck when sitting or sleeping. The result is you can use it for a few weeks or months before getting a bed.
- Large. This sofa can easily turn into a Queen-size bed that fits two adults comfortably. However, when retracted, the sofa doesn’t take up much space in your studio apartment. This mattress is a good solution for overnight guests.
- User-friendly. The mattress is simple to set up thanks to two wide inflating air valves. It’s also low-maintenance because the material is waterproof and can withstand stains.
Summary: It is a good solution for a studio apartment because it doesn’t take up much space, you can use it as a sofa or as a Queen-size bed, plus it’s a sturdy model for regular use.
5. AlphaBeing Inflatable Lounger – For Festivals
The AlphaBeing Inflatable Lounger is what my friends and I packed for our last Woodstock because it’s made with resistant 210T ripstop fabric, it’s waterproof and secure, plus it comes with a bottle opener.
Many reviewers are happy with this ergonomic, supportive, cocoon-like style. Although you can’t sleep in it like you would on a bed, you can certainly squeeze in a good snooze.
- Strong and durable. This model is built with 210T ripstop fabric, which is renowned for its resistance to tears and durability. The mattress is waterproof, too, so you can relax comfortably even if the ground is moist.
- Outdoor build. The AlphaBeing Air Lounger comes with a stake and firm safety bands for extra security. That way, you can use it outside with no problems.
- Convenient extras. The mattress has a side pocket for your phone, snacks, or magazines, plus a bottle holder for your tea. Or beer. The included bottle opener has a carabiner style, so you can’t misplace it.
- Compact. The AlphaBeing is just 12 x 8 x 4 inches when folded, it’s light, and has its bag with shoulder strap. The result is a portable, simple-to-carry mattress, which supports up to 400 pounds.
- Anti-deflation technology. You don’t need a pump to setup this lounger, and you also don’t need to constantly re-inflate it. The brand’s promise is a lounger that resists twice as much as the competitors’ products.
Summary: The AlphaBeing Inflatable Lounger is a perfect choice for festivals thanks to its durable, waterproof, and wind-resistant construction. Although it’s not as cozy as a regular bed, it’s compact, and supportive for a quick snooze.
6. Bestway Wingback Queen – For Regular Use
I purchased a Bestway Wingback Queen Air Mattress when my family and I moved house. My experience showed me this is the best option for regular use because I always woke up refreshed, even though we slept with our kids.
I prefer this mattress for regular use because it doesn’t have a three-fold style that digs into your back after a few nights. Plus, the supportive backrest allows you to read and watch TV in a comfortable upright position.
- Improves sleep quality. This Bestway mattress has an I-beam design with three layers for optimal weight distribution. The result is that you’re supported in all positions, whether you’re sleeping or sitting, plus the mattress stays firm throughout the night.
- Support and resistance. The Tritech mattresses have a polyester mesh core encased by laminated PVC. This style is strong and provides optimal support and shape-resistance.
- Quick setup. You don’t need a hand pump, because the bed comes with a built-in AC pump to set up the mattress in five minutes. All you have to do is turn a button, and the mattress will inflate by itself noiselessly.
- Versatile design. The headboard and backrest is supportive for day use when you’re sitting up. The mattress has side storage buckets and cupholders, plus an LED light if you like reading at night.
- Useful extras. This wide, model has a storage bag for added portability, plus a repair patch in case you puncture it by mistake.
Summary: This model is best for regular use because its streamlined design with three strong layers provides optimal support. The result is you can sit and sleep on it every day without feeling sore all over.
7. Ludtom – Top Inflatable Beach Couch
I’ve tried many inflatable beach couches, but none is as good as the Ludtom Lounger. Kids play, people have fun, and mattresses break. Not the Ludtom Lounger, though.
This mattress is made with military-grade Ripstop nylon with double stitching, it has a wind-proof stake, and plenty of accessories.
Bonus, it has a supportive headrest so you can bask in the sun for hours. And thanks to the cool material, you won’t get all hot and sweaty.
- Anti-leakage. This inflatable lounger is made with heavy-duty Ripstop nylon. This material is coated and boasts a lattice pattern to ensure it doesn’t leak. This double-layered material is resistant and sturdy enough for three people.
- Supportive headrest. Usual loungers make your neck sore when you’re lying down for hours. However, this brand offers top neck and shoulder support thanks to its elevated and firm headrest that contours your neck and upper body.
- Moderately easy to inflate. You don’t need to carry a pump with you because this lounger inflates when you whisk it through the air. Some users have had a hard time inflating this mattress, but they’ve come up with unique solutions, like sitting in front of a fan or using a pump.
- Convenient accessories. The two side pockets are wide and easy to reach, plus you get an elastic strap for bottles. The mattress comes with two patches in case of rips and a bag for extra portability.
Summary: The Ludtom is best for beach use because it’s resistant, leak-proof, and supportive for long hours. You can use it to catch a snooze, bask in the sun, or even ride the waves.
8. Intex Corner Sofa – Top Sectional
My cousin Jack purchased this Intex Inflatable Corner Sofa because his education start-up took part in a convention about the importance of reading. During the five days, hundreds of parents and their kids sat on this sectional sofa (it is under $300)
This model works well in your living room for constant use, as one reviewer notices. She says the sofa is big enough to accommodate a large group of people, and that you don’t need to inflate it often.
- Comfortable. This model is wide and supportive. The mattress is firm and cushiony, offering top support to your back, legs, and neck, so you don’t strain your muscles.
- Side cupholders. The side cupholders are convenient and easy to use. You don’t have to stretch all the way to your coffee table to reach for your drinks.
- Top materials. The mattress has a low-maintenance waterproof flocked top that feels smooth and comfortable. The bottom is vinyl, another resistant material. However, don’t expect this mattress to last for years if you’re using it daily.
- Wide valves. The 2-in-1 valves have large openings so you can inflate and deflate the mattress faster. The disadvantage is you have to pump included and the instructions are lacking. One user explains that you should start inflating it in the middle part, and complains that it’s difficult to find an pump to fit the cushions.
Summary: This model is the best sectional in store because it’s supportive, wide, and user-friendly. It’s best for indoor use, but some reviewers claim they’ve fitted it outdoors on a patio with no problems.
9. Prodigen – For Pool
My family and I have had a Prodigen Inflatable Lounge Chair for pool trips for years. We chose this model because it’s affordable and backed by a lifetime warranty.
Besides, it’s canoe shape is perfect for trips by the pool, it has a comfy headrest so you can sit in it for hours, plus it’s breathable so you can bask in the sun.
- Supportive headrest. The built-in headrest is large and comfy. This canoe-shaped bed would have you straining your neck and upper body muscles after a few hours in the pool, without this head pillow.
- Canoe shape. This cocoon-like style is best for water and pool fun because it saves you from splashes and falls. Plus, if one of your friends wants to talk to you, they can easily hold on to the lounge’s side.
- Two-port. The Prodigen is made with two layers of fabric, which stops air from coming out. The result is a comfy mattress that doesn’t need reinflating for at least seven to eight hours.
- Portable. This mattress doesn’t require a pump, it weighs under three pounds, and it folds to 13.7 x 6.7 x 4.7 inches. It comes with a carry bag for extra portability.
- Durable. The multi-layered 210 T Ripstop material is one of the strongest on the market, but it’s also waterproof and breathable. This material works for most terrain types, plus it’s backed by a lifetime warranty.
Summary: The Prodigen Inflatable Lounge Chair is the best for pool fun because it has a canoe-shape, it’s durable and waterproof, plus it has a supportive headrest for long hours lounging in the water.
10. Bestway Multi-Max-II Inflatable With Air Pump – For Sleeping
Once my husband and I reached a certain age, we found it’s best to get a real inflatable bed for sleeping in the garden, while our kids can easily snuggle in sleeping bags on the grass.
The Bestway Multi-Max-II is the best model for sleeping, but not for regular use. Its I-Beam construction is ergonomic for max support, but the three-piece style digs into your back after a few nights.
- 2-in-1. The Bestway Multi-Max is simple to use as a couch or bed. It takes seconds to lower the two-seat panels and transform your couch into a comfy bed.
- Comfortable and supportive. The flocked surface and sides take the pressure off your back, arms, and thighs so you can sit down comfortably for hours without any pain. The couch is 79 x 63 x 25 when inflated, so it’s a good fit for two adults.
- I-Beam construction. This style consists of three layers of material, with a polyester mesh core encased by two layers of laminated PVC. The result is a mattress that contours your shape and distributes your body weight evenly for a good night’s sleep. However, the three-piece fashion makes this mattress uncomfortable for regular use.
- Extras included. The armrests have two cup holders conveniently located for easy reach, and the backrest has two pillows.
Summary: The Bestway Multi-Max-II is the good choice for car or for camping, but not for regular use. The three-layer construction is supportive and contouring, but the mattress loses air quickly.
11. Bestway Deluxe Air Couch – For Small Spaces
The Bestway Deluxe is the best for small spaces firstly because it’s small and compact, but also secure and stable. Secondly, it’s extremely comfortable, thanks to its unique rib design.
I purchased this couch for my sister, who was moving house. This couch helped her pick the right size of the sofa she needed for her new home. She kept this couch a while in her kids’ room, who enjoyed jumping on it. She also uses it for parties pretty often.
- Comfortable. The rib and surround frame provide good back and thigh support, meaning you can sit on this couch for hours. The armrests are the right size, too, even though this is a small couch.
- Good design. The flocked surface and sides are user-friendly and comfy for prolonged use. The Y-beam construction renders this product secure and stable.
- For small spaces. This brand is 65 x 35 x 25 inches when inflated, so it can fit in any room or even your RV. The sofa is light and compact enough so you can easily move it around even after inflating it.
- User-friendly. Each armrest has a cup holder for your glass or bottle. Although it doesn’t have an included pump, this model is simple to inflate with a standard air mattress pump.
Summary: The Bestway Deluxe is a tiny, comfy model for car use, for small rooms, or for children. Although it will only last a few months of regular use, it’s supportive, it stays firm for days, and it’s simple to inflate.
SUMMARY: Each of the models above is best in their own category. Analyze the features of the models above through the lens of your own needs to get a model that suits you. However, remember that the best overall model is the Intex Pull-out Sofa Inflatable Bed because it’s versatile and best for regular use.
How Do You Inflate an Inflatable Hammock?
Inflating a hammock may not be an easy job, especially if you’re mobility-challenged or below average strength. Some people prefer using pumps or a button-activated mattress.
Whisking an inflatable hammock through the air definitely has a learning curve. You might not make it from the first try, but keep working on your technique, watch some videos, and you’ll get better.
Here are the steps:
- Go in an open space. Unroll it from its carry bag completely.
- Let some air in and immediately close it to trap the air in.
- Whisk it around to blow it up more, and then trap the air again. Repeat until you’re happy with the level of firmness.
- When you’re done, roll the closure tightly with a swift motion. Turn the corners around to close the buckle.
Some people complain about looking funny when they run around, or that they don’t have enough strength to complete this task.
The main alternative solutions they found were to:
- Harness wind power on a windy day
- Pack a fan or blow dryer
- Use a bicycle pump
SUMMARY: An inflatable hammock can be inflated if you whisk it through the air. This process takes a while to master. If you have a fan or blow dryer nearby, you can get the job done faster.
What is an Air Couch?
Couch surfing, while relatively unknown, has been a commonplace part of the Internet for quite some time. Most simply, it is when a guest brings an air mattress to sleep on in another person’s home. This isn’t the case for Air Cushions, but many people do sleep on one. Even though this sounds a bit like the idea of a really cool couch (and it is), Air Cushions are actually far better than air mattresses and they’re incredibly easy to use. Sturdy Polyester. They have the benefit of being much sturdier than mattresses and can be used indoors and out. In the case of a summer BBQ in your backyard, couch air cushions can provide enough comfort to make you forget that you’re in the middle of a circle of friends who might be distracted from the grill.
The air cushions can also be more expensive. You’re generally paying for the quality. The mattresses, on the other hand, are something that you can use for years and years before you’re about to kill the poor thing with the level of abuse that it can take. Affordable. These cushions are far cheaper than mattresses, too. From an electronics perspective, you’re generally going to get something cheaper than what you pay for a mattress for unless you’re using something that can fold up for travel. Outdoor comfort. The cushions are perfect for making people feel better when they need to recover from a long day of drinking. Before you get tired of them, your guests are going to appreciate that they’re able to have a relatively comfortable night while they recover from a long day.
What are the Main Advantages & Disadvantages of Inflatable Couch?
Inflatable couches aren’t like regular couches because you fill them with air. This means they’re lighter, more compact, and more versatile than usual sofas, but also not as durable, nor as supportive.
You can think of tons of advantages to owning an inflatable couch or bed, but these are certainly not long-term solutions. People use inflatable sofas for various applications, but they also have various complaints.
Are inflatable sofas good? Read on.
SUMMARY: Inflatable couches are versatile and simple to find in a ton of colors, including clear like the famous 90s air bed. You can use them for parties or overnight stays, for concerts, for your car, boat, or at the beach. Remember that these models aren’t as durable or supportive as a real couch, and some couches are more difficult to inflate than others.
Final Words. Are Inflatable Furniture Any Good?
Yes, inflatable sofas are good if you choose the right model for your needs. If you want a beach air bed, don’t use it for regular sleeping. If you need the best couch for sleeping, don’t complain, it doesn’t turn into a couch.
You get the gist. That said, the Intex Pull-Out Sofa Bed is the best in this review because it’s comfortable for regular use, and also very versatile.
You can use it for riding the waves when you’re camping or in a loft. It’s a large Queen-size model, so it can accommodate two adults easily.
Take advantage of its affordable price, and don’t neglect the effect of an ergonomic design on your mental clarity and level of happiness.
Get the Intex Pull-Out Sofa Bed now, and you won’t regret it!